I am an academic, educationalist and informal educator. I am primarily concerned with helping other academics develop their research on teaching and learning in higher education. My own research is primarily in philosophical approaches to higher educational policy and practice. At the moment I am working on what we mean by upbringing and, in particular, what it means to be a mature, educated adult.
Other projects include:
- Elective home education and the role of the State (developing my 2013 paper)
- The social aspects of mobile device and on-line learning (2016 paper in Studies in Philosophy and Education)
- Questions about teacher inquiry (developing a model of common sense based inquiry – unfortunately only a book chapter at the moment)
- STEAM education – the integration of the arts into STEM subjects, as a member of a BERA commission, (Commission blog site)and as part of a ‘STEAMed up pedagogies‘ group.
- The latest project is fermenting on ‘Contemporary wisdom in an information age‘.
I am a member of the Philosophy of Education Society of Great Britain
I am on twitter, academia, facebook, linkedin and ResearchGate (@RichardTaff)